Getting Enough Xylitol is Key
Over the past 25 years, numerous studies have confirmed that Xylitol is the Straight-Up-Super-Hero-of-Oral-Awesomeness. These same studies suggest that how you use xylitol has a tremendous impact on the dental benefits you can expect.
You need enough xylitol, often enough for it to work its tooth-protecting magic.
Studies Recommend 6 Daily Grams of Xylitol
A recent study* from Sweden found a total daily dose of 6 grams of xylitol could dramatically improve oral health in as little as four weeks. The study recommends:
- Daily use of xylitol as a supplement for patients at high risk for tooth decay
- Using xylitol products, like chewing gum, that actively stimulate the secretion of saliva
- Getting at least 6 grams of xylitol per day to counteract the impacts of acid-producing bacteria
- Distributing the daily intake over at least three occasions
- Using products that have xylitol as their exclusive sweetener
A separate study** at the University of Washington confirms the 6 daily gram dose and 3 times a day frequency recommendation.
Epic Makes Getting 6 Grams Easy
Epic makes it simple for you to get your dentist-recommended 6 daily grams of xylitol because xylitol is the exclusive sweetener in our gums and mints. The big corporate brands simply don't contain enough xylitol to be an effective defense for your teeth.
Here are some easy ways to get your six daily grams.
*Xylitol and its Effect on Oral Ecology-Clinical Studies in Children and Adolescents." Pernilla Lif Holgerson, February 2007
**Mutans Streptococci Dose Response to Xylitol Chewing Gum. P. Milgrom, et al. J Dent Res 85(2):177-181, 2006